Disney's Princess Parade returns!

Started by Kristof, June 09, 2006, 07:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Wonderful World of Disney Parade becomes... The Princess Parade again from July 14th until Once upon a Dream makes its debute.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Patrick

OK so if Le Parade des Princess returns does that mean the end to Mary Poppins and Dumbo :(.

Kris

... but the Disney Villains and Christmas parades will still go ahead yeah?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

I guess so.  No information about that yet.

Anthony

Hahahaha!!  Seriously??!!  But... WHY?!

In fairness to The Princess Parade, there was nothing particularly wrong with it, it was still an alright parade.  Just exactly the same as the WWODP, which was the problem I guess.

Maybe Kris' theory of DLRP using false advertising more and more is true?  To be honest I think they've only done this to annoy people who run DLRP websites and will now have to change their pages over...  :roll:  :wink:

Btw, do you have a source Raptor?  :P It's not april 1st is it? *checks calendar*

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"To be honest I think they've only done this to annoy people who run DLRP websites and will now have to change their pages over...  :roll:  :wink:

Well maybe they see it as fantastically successful the last time round with little girls and camp guys who seem to adore and run after princesses like the plague in Disneyland Resort Paris :lol: , but yeah I'm annoyed with the idea of changing the website situation, means I'm gonna have to go and change every word that says WWODP to Princess Parade on my WWODP page, oh what a chore :lol: .

Kris

I fail to see how the Princess Parade can be better than The Wonderful World Of Disney Parade... it's the same, although has fewer floats and doesn't follow the theme (Steamboats in fairytale princess movies? I think not!)

To me it's just a cut down version of WWODP with less of a "wow"-factor. The idea of it being exclusively camp or "just for girls" also doesn't work as the other characters raid the concept and make a mess of the princess idea. In any case, isn't the parade meant to be universally appealing? The name sure isn't for the majority of little boys or Dads for example.......

AND RELAX!

Disneyana

Sorry maybe this sounds stupid, but what's the difference of the PP and the WWODP ? No seriously aren't there the same floats in both parades ? I'm just asking this because as I was in DLP in January 2004 they announced the PP but the music Dancin... was playing and there were all the floats like in the WWODP. One year later in May 2005 there was the same parade, but announced as WWODP. So is there really a difference between these two ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Kris"I fail to see how the Princess Parade can be better than The Wonderful World Of Disney Parade...

Me too Kris. I would have preferd they keep wwodp till the new parade but will there be another Princess Week during Summer Magic that they have not yet have told anyone about. I realy hope The Disney Villlain parade and xmas parade stays
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

The difference as far as I know is Princess Parade does not include Mary Poppins and in the early stages, Dumbo or Steamboat Willie either, as to what's going to go and what will change is unknown simply cos the Princess Parade name seems like a jumbled bag of ideas.

Dlrpfan

all have to wait and see...
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Disneyana

Oh that's all ? So then Kris is right. The PP is just a short version of the WWODP. I don't know why DLP is changing the Parade or more just the name for one year now. The Parade could stay as WWODP, not many people would recgonise the difference just because 2 or 3 floats are left. So it seems a bit silly to me to change the name now just for one year till there will be the new parade. So visitors are just getting confused, like me.  :wink:  When I hear the name Princess Parade I think of a great and romantic Parade which features of course all the princes and princesses in wonderful costumes. fanfare music and so on. But this is not what DLP will present.  :cry:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kris

If they had to cut the parade down to the Princess Parade, why didn't they do it in low season rather than waiting until accomodation costs are at their highest and then not give the guests a full experience?

I would have liked to see a fairly full WWODP as it must be getting close to its farewell season  :cry:  This is a cost-cut too far and they do it when they expect the most peple there... I don't see any logic here  :cry:

Maarten

Well, in my opinion its just another way of cost cutting like someone already said. Besides that, its a smart way of making the Princess Week more special (I don't know what actually is special about the whole event, I'm not that kind of an entertainment freak to be honest). Last but not least, Disney now can sell the Princess Parade CD singles once again, the Dancin' CD single must have had it's best time by now when it comes to sails.

By the way; the biggest complaint about the Princess Parade was that Mickey and Minnie weren't presented before, right? That was the reason why they added Steamboat Willie. Maybe they can now start or end the parade with the Grand Staircase float with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy etc. in medieval prince/princess costumes? That way everybody is happy; the people see Mickey and his friends and no floats or costumess are used that clashes with the theme of the Princess Parade.

Martin

Quote from: "Maarten"Maybe they can now start or end the parade with the Grand Staircase float with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy etc. in medieval prince/princess costumes?

I doubt that will happen due to the accident with the float, they are probably not allowed to use it.

Martin